We were joined at Rotherham’s New York Stadium by organisations from across South Yorkshire working in the Domestic and Sexual Abuse and Housing and Homelessness sectors.
Following presentations from Elly and Heather, our Domestic Abuse development workers, talking about the Call It Out Project and the Kite Mark Scheme, organisations came together for a series of practical workshops and discussions to look at ways to make their services more accessible and inclusive for LGBT+ people.
The enthusiasm and commitment from all organisations was brilliant and we look forward to issuing the first set of awards under the scheme soon.
The SAYiT LGBT+ Inclusion Kite Mark is a quality assurance accreditation award for service providers which has been developed to create a positive and welcoming environment for LGBT+ service users, staff and volunteers.
It aims to address some of the barriers LGBT+ people have to accessing services and to strengthen and develop services relationships with their LGBT+ service users and wider communities.
“89% of LGBTQ people said they would feel more confident accessing a service which displayed an LGBT kite mark”
Being awarded our SAYiT LGBT+ Inclusion Kite Mark enables you to send a positive message, with confidence, that your service is a champion of LGBT+ inclusion where LGBT+ service users, volunteers and staff will be safe, supported and included.
Following successful completion of training and assessment, the service will be provided with:-
· Certificate of achievement
· Window stickers to display in your premises
· Digital graphics pack with logos and images which can be displayed on your website, email signatures, letterheads and promotional literature
· Inclusion in SAYiT’s online listing of accredited organisations
· Draft press release which you can customise and share with local media to celebrate and promote your achievement
For further information and to apply, download an application pack here.