CALL IT OUT Training Sessions
Our CALL IT OUT LGBT+ Domestic Abuse project is currently funded to deliver training sessions to domestic and sexual abuse and housing and homelessness organisations in South Yorkshire.
We curently offer the following sessions under this project:
CALL IT OUT: LGBT+ Awareness
- Improve your knowledge on levels of domestic abuse in LGBT+ communities
- Improve your understanding about what is meant by Sexual Identity and Gender Identity
- Improve your knowledge of terminology around sexual and gender identities e.g. what is meant by cis gender and non-binary
- Improve your confidence to support LGBT+ service users
- Learn best practice in collecting information on sexual identity and gender identity and trans history
CALL IT OUT: LGBT+ Domestic Abuse
- Types of abuse LGBT+ experience – including focus on sexual abuse, chemsex and apps, forced marriage, spousal veto
- Why are LGBT+ people at risk of Domestic Abuse
- Barriers to accessing support
- Exploring why as practitioners we might fail to spot LGBT+ DA
- Programmes for LGBT+ survivors / perpetrators
- Survivor stories
Please note these sessions follow on from the 1st round of LGBT+ Awareness Training. It is not a compulsory requirement to have attended the first round of training, but for these sessions an existing basic understanding of LGBT+ identities will be assumed.
CALL IT OUT: Bespoke Training
We can also offer combined and / or bespoke training sessions. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
To book any of the above training courses for your staff or organisation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org